Movies

Television

Hollywood Reporter

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Kelly Rowland opens up about new ventures


The lovely #KellyRowland sat down with 'TheYBF' and chatted about her beauty line, "Chasing Destiny," and the secret on how she keeps her toned body...



On her upcoming make up/beauty line:

“I am [coming out with my own beauty line]! I’m so excited! It couldn’t come fast enough. We have been working on this forever. We’re actually starting with lashes, and then we’re going to graduate into everything else. Sheika, one my makeup artists, we have just become tighter than tight, like. She’s one of my closest friends, and she started just by literally cutting lashes and making them for my eye shape. She works with one of my best friends, Lala, and now she does Nicki Minaj, too. She tailors the lashes to each eye, and I’m like, ‘We’ve got to figure out a way to do that for the masses.’ We’ve done it, and we’re very excited about that.”



On how she keeps her trimmed and toned figure:

“I love food, and I just have to be careful. I try to practice the 80/20 rule, where 80% of the time you eat the food that really helps your body, and then you have that 20% where you just want like three glasses of wine, some whisky sours, pizza, nachos [laughs], that kind of thing. That’s me.



On why she chose to do “Chasing Destiny”:

“Ever since Destiny's Child’s very last tour, I remember thinking to myself, ‘I want to put together a girl group.’ I just haven’t had the time to do it because I was busy doing my own projects and I was so invested in that. I didn’t want to be one of those artists who was so enthralled in what I had to do that I couldn’t really pay attention to the artists that I would be taking under my wing. I wanted to be completely focused on it, and that’s exactly what happened [with Chasing Destiny]. I had the time, and it has been a wonderful process.



On advice to aspiring artists:

“[My advice to anyone wanting to be a musician is to] save your money. You have to be selfish with your money. It’s so funny—as an artist, you have people who are so supportive of you on the way up, and you want to be able to help them because you feel like they were there for you. The truth is that you have to take care of yourself first, and then you take care of those people. Think about your future. The more you help people out, you have to look back at your account and be like, where did the thousands, the hundreds of thousands of dollars go? It’s great to have a good heart, but it’s also good to look at your account and be like ‘Look at what I accomplished, how can I invest it?’

No comments:

Post a Comment